Monday, February 13, 2012

Circular Logic -or- How To Restore Widget Control With Blogger's New Templates

Well, here's a little something I stumbled across while setting up this very blog!

I'm using the new Google blog templates and I was trying to organize the widgets on the main page. So I would navigate to Template -> Customize -> Layout and I'm shown a basic layout of my blog with the message "Go to Design > Page Elements in Blogger to add, remove, or edit gadgets." The problem is, that link does not exist anywhere in the new blogger site.

A bit of searching took me to this post in the Blogger help forums. Looks like in the process of pushing the new blogger layouts, they've hidden the means to add/remove/modify widgets in you template. Good work, Google.

Anyway, now you can search through all three posts on this wonderful blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment